Wish You Were Here! May 13th is Apple Pie Day and in honor of Apple Pie Day, we are sharing one of our favorite Apple Recipes with you!
Good Apple Pies are a Considerable part of our Domestic Happiness ~Jane Austen
Baked Apple Strudel Pie
- 1 tbsp Espresso Powder
- 1 tea cinnamon
- 1 tea mace
- 1 tea allspice
- ½ tea ground cardamom
- 6 Tbsp dark brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp AP flour
- 2 tsp. Kosher salt
- 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups AP flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp Kosher salt, plus more
- 1¼ cups sugar
- ¾ cup (1½ sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- ½ cup sour cream, room temperature
- 2 tsp. maple syrup
- 2 cups diced peeled granny smith apples
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp lemon zest chopped
- Whisk spices mixture, brown sugar, flour, and salt in a small bowl to combine.
- Add in butter and mix until clumps form. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 325°F
- Lightly coat a 12 inch spring form pan with nonstick spray
- Line with parchment paper, leaving overhang on long sides
- Press paper into pan, than spray parchment paper with the nonstick spray
- Whisk flour, baking soda, baking powder, and ½ tsp. salt in a medium bowl to combine.
- Beat sugar and butter in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment on medium-high speed, scraping down sides of bowl halfway through, until very light and fluffy, 6–8 minutes.
- Reduce speed to medium. With motor running, add eggs one at a time, beating to incorporate and scraping down sides of bowl after each addition.
- Reduce speed to low; add half of dry ingredients and mix to combine.
- Add the sour cream and maple syrup and beat to combine.
- Add remaining dry ingredients and beat until incorporated.
- Remove from mixer and fold in diced apples
- Scrape half of batter into prepared pan.
- Top with streusel, then layer the remaining batter over.
- Bake cake until a tooth pick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 90 minutes.
- Transfer pan to a wire rack and let cake cool in pan 15 minutes.
- Run a small knife around edges of cake to loosen if needed, then, using parchment paper, lift out of pan onto rack. Peel away parchment. While the cake is still warm add the powdered sugar mix (below)
- Combine powdered sugar and a pinch of salt in a small bowl, then mix lemon juice and zest, adding up to a teaspoonful of water or more if needed, until you have a thick but pourable icing.
- Drizzle over cake and let sit until icing is set before serving, about 15 minutes.